The backbone of any pavement management system is the measurement of the existing pavement conditions. In order to achieve a representative assessment of the current conditions, we need to quickly and efficiently gather information and process the observations into a value that can be used to rate the pavements for evaluation.
All effective Pavement Management Systems rely on precise data displays of the existing pavement conditions. Road-Aid provides clear geolocated images for a wide range of road feature data such as cracks, ruts and potholes.
Road-Aid efficiently collects and organize large amounts of data that is easily accessible. This speeds up the process of converting the observations into a value that can be used to rate the pavements for evaluation. These Pavement Condition Index (PCI) values are utilized to validate funding requests at the network level and prioritize initiatives at the project level.
Key Benefits Include:
- Routine distress surveys that support the development of pavement performance models which can be used to support infrastructure treatment decisions and financing road infrastructure projects
- Cost-effective, single-pass, multi-attribute pavement data collection
- Permanent visual record of pavement conditions at the time of inspection may be used to monitor long-term pavement performance or tract the progression of specific issues
- Geocentric data enabling easy locating of pavement distresses for project-level pavement management activities, such as developing crack sealing and patching programs
- Geocentric data facilitate integration with other asset management systems for cross-disciplinary infrastructure management, such as scheduling utility repairs in advance of pavement rehabilitation projects